Winter Landscaping in Palm Springs
There’s nothing like winter in Palm Springs. Warm weather, cool nights and mostly sunny days are a regular occurrence throughout the winter months. This anything but average idea of winter attributes itself to the ability to enjoy your desert landscape all year long. Which is why it’s not uncommon for many residents to take on winter landscaping projects throughout the Coachella Valley. This year, we’re seeing some new landscaping design trends emerge throughout Palm Springs. To help give you some ideas for your next landscaping project, we’ve compiled this winter’s most popular landscape trends.
Top 5 Winter Landscaping Designs
- High-Tech Fire Pits – With shorter days and cooler nights, you may be wishing you could enjoy your backyard just a little bit longer. Adding a backyard fire pit to your landscape can make sure your nights under the stars never end. Winter landscaping pro tip: add decorative glass to your gas fire pit for a unique look and modern design.
- Low-Maintenance Landscaping – Here at Whitewater rock & Supply Co. we’re major advocates for low-maintenance landscaping. Not only because it helps create a drought tolerant yard, but also because it looks great! Adding succulents to your yard is a recipe for endless creativity. Especially when designed with our vide variety of crushed and decorative rocks for an extra pop of color and a touch of texture.
- Outdoor Light – What’s the point of beautiful landscaping if it can only be enjoyed during the day? Adding some lighting to your yard will bring your landscape ambiance to another level. It will also allow you to complement your newly renovated landscape or simply transform your existing look.
- Use of Natural Materials – Natural rock and stone is what we do best. If you’re looking for creative ways to add natural materials to your landscape we’ve got it all. From building stone to landscaping boulders and everything in-between, there’s something for everyone at our rock yard. Add a walkway with natural stone veneer, spruce up your plant beds with crushed rock, or re-pave your back patio with our gorgeous quartzite. The possibilities are truly endless.
- Interiorscapes – This is a new landscaping trend that brings the greenery of the outdoors inside. Think living walls with potted plants and tastefully hung succulents. This new winter landscaping trend is taking hanging plants to a whole new level. Add some potted plants or an indoor fountain for a taste of nature indoors.
Rock Yard and Landscaping Supplies
For all your natural rock and stone landscaping needs, come shop the largest inventory of natural stone projects in our Whitewater rock yard. Offering the latest in natural thin veneer, landscaping materials and a wide-range of difficult to find building stone and landscaping boulders. Shop the highest quality products and experience unmatched service at a fair price, that’s the Whitewater Rock guarantee. Let’s turn your yard into a desert winter wonderland together. Happy Winter Landscaping!